LONDON (Reuters) - Swiss-based Sauber will launch their 2011 Formula One car in Valencia on January 31 before the first test of the new season, the team said on Friday.
The Ferrari-powered team, eighth overall this year, have Japan's Kamui Kobayashi and Mexican rookie Sergio Perez lined up as their drivers.
Team founder, owner and principal Peter Sauber said this week that development of the C30 was going to plan.
"We're setting our sights high and things are looking good so far," he said in a team Q+A on their website (www.sauber-motorsport.com).
"All the changes to the technical regulations -- including the ban on double diffusers, the introduction of Pirelli tyres, adjustable rear wings and the option of using KERS -- make this a particularly exacting challenge this year."
Sauber, who has reacquired 100 percent of the team after previous owners BMW left the sport at the end of 2009, said there were no plans to sell any shares.
He hailed Kobayashi as an inspiration for the team in his first full season and expected Perez, backed by new sponsor Telmex, to be a quick learner.
"Kamui inspires us all within the team. His refreshing, attacking style really puts a smile on your face," said Sauber.
"He's progressed wonderfully well this year and I'm certain there's more to come from him in the future.
"When I signed him a year ago I had to put up with critical comments from some experts. But my gut feeling told me Kamui was something special."
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Tony Jimenez. To query or comment on this story firstname.lastname@example.org)