DARLINGTON, Wisc (WSAU) Four people got sick yesterday, when they breathed fumes which came from a vault at the Citizens Bank in Darlington. Police Chief Jason King said the fumes came from an aerosol can that was either punctured, or somehow had its contents released during the night. When bank employees opened the vault yesterday morning, the fumes escaped from the unventilated vault. And three bank employees and a customer were taken to a Darlington hospital to be treated for respiratory ailments.
Officials said the aerosol can had a static neutralizer which is used on electronic devices. Darlington fire crews spent about an-hour-and-a-half ventilating the building. Officers and rescuers from a number of agencies responded – including a regional haz-mat team.