TOWN OF GRANT, Wis. (WSAU) - One person is safe today after a fire destroyed a mobile home in the Town of Grant.
The fire happened around 7 this morning. Grand Rapids Fire Chief Donald Bohn says the first looks like it started in the vicinity of a wood stove inside the structure and spread to the rest of the house. The single occupant of the home made it out safely.
The Red Cross has already responded to the scene and will be providing the male resident with clothing, shoes, food and a place to stay while new arrangements are being made.
Officials say the fire is not suspicious, but Bohn reminds everyone that this is the season for heating fires. "Everyone needs to get their furnaces inspected and if they're using a stove, they should make sure it's safe before firing it up."