BELOIT, WI (WTAQ) - Natural gas is the apparent culprit in a house explosion in Beloit.
A 37-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were renting the house, which was flattened just after 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
The man was flown to UW Hospital in Madison, and the woman was taken to a Janesville hospital – both with burns. There was no immediate word on their conditions.
James and Beverly Long of Beloit owned the single-family home.
Beloit firefighters got help from 19 other rescue agencies in handling the explosion.
The state Fire Marshal’s office is helping Beloit authorities investigate, but officials say there are no signs of foul play.