TOWN OF DEWEY, Wis (WSAU) There was an electrical fire in a house that's attached to a now-closed bar in the Town of Dewy. Portage County sheriffs deputies report the fire started around 8pm. Firefighters were on the scene for about two hours.
The fire may have been caused by a short-circuit in an electrical organ in the home. There was minor damage to the home, and only smoke damage to the old Schulz's Bar on Highway Y, which hasn't been open for the last five years.
No one was home at the time of the fire.