There are lots of pets out there that need a loving home... find out how you can help!
Fall marks the beginning of many things...School, allergies, and animal shedding! Animals are shedding that summer coat and getting their heavy winter coat ready. Seasonal shedding is normal but it's a chance to take notice of your pet's skin and coat condition. Is it dull? Are there bald patches? Is there excessive hair loss? These could all be signs of illness or poor nutrition. All indicators that your pet needs to see the vet to make sure everything is okay.
Be sure to click on the Marathon Town and Country banner above this article to get your 20% off coupon on all in stock grooming products! Print it or show it on your smartphone!More Info On Shedding »
Humane Society Bio
The mission of the Humane Society of Marathon County, Inc. is to inspire and engage the community to end animal suffering and commit to responsible pet ownership.
Our vision is a cruelty free community enriched by the special bond between people and animals.
Interested in adoption? See pets available for adoption.Find Out More »
Pets of the Week
- Cat cage stretch and scratch boards
- Paper towel
- Liquid hand soap
- Small breed dog food
- Puppy food
- Hard and soft kitten food*
- Rabbit, guinea pig, and rodent food
- Large trash bags (30 gallon+)
- Non-clumping kitty litter*
- Copier paper*
- Pine shavings for small animals
- Postage stamps (first class and postcard)
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Adult dog treats (non-biscuit types too!)*
- Vinyl puppy toys (gently used also accepted)
- Sound baffles for kennel areas
* these items are of urgent need
Aluminum cans are also a great donation! You may have noticed that our trailer for cans is gone so donations can now be dropped off at:
- Wausau Steel - 2900 W. Sherman, Wausau
- Cousineau Auto - 6702 Ryan Street, Weston
- Yaeger Auto Salvage - 8205 Camp Phillips Road, Weston